Many of you have called our offices with questions and concerns.
The risk of contracting coronavirus remains low. In addition, the vast majority of cases are very mild-to-moderate. There are steps below to help keep you and your loved ones healthy, and I encourage you to practice them diligently.
The team at Physician Associates of Virginia, P.C. is working hard to ensure that you continue to receive the best of care, whether you have concerns about coronavirus or would like to be seen in our office for a follow-up appointment.
As a reminder, if you have an upcoming appointment, please call our office if:
- You’ve had contact with anyone who was diagnosed with coronavirus disease or is currently a Patient Under Investigation and is awaiting test results.
- You traveled to one of the following countries in the past 14 days
- South Korea
- You traveled from areas of the United States with known Coronavirus.
These do not mean that you have coronavirus disease, however, we will ask you to wear a mask when you arrive at our office.
Finally, please remember that the following help keep the virus at bay:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty. Cough and sneeze into your sleeve, not your hands, or use a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay home when sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects (like your cell phone) and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Continuously updated information is also available at www.CDC.gov: the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.